Publication of the Instituto de Historia
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Founded in 1961, Historia reaches a public specialized in Chilean history and related themes. It publishes original works in a broad variety of historical themes. The journal seeks to address contemporary historiographical debates, contributing to the knowledge of the history of Chile and the American continent while fomenting the debate among researchers. With an independent Board of Editors and anonymous peer review, Historia is published primarily in Spanish, though we accept articles written in English, French and Portuguese as well.
Each journal number has two issues. The first issue of each number includes articles and reviews while the second includes articles and a bibliographical list with all recent scholarship titles about Chilean and Latin American history published in Chile every year. The list comprises all the works about Chilean history published abroad too. References in this list are accompanied by a brief abstract for each title.
Historia is indexed in the following:
- Arts and Humanities Search del ISI.
- SciELO (Scientific Electronic Library Online).
- HAPI (Hispanic American Periodical INDEX).
- ABC Clio Library (EE.UU).
- Hlas Online. Handbook of Latin American Studies (Library of Congress, EE.UU).
- Historical Abstracts (EE.UU).
- Redalyc (Red de Revistas científicas de América Latina y el Caribe, España y Portugal. Ciencias Sociales y Humanidades, Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México).